Outschool is a rapidly growing platform with over 250,000 learners enrolled. This year they are planning to double their team and recently announced $8.5M funding.
As a Teacher Onboarding Specialist, you will help Outschool acquire and train new teachers to the platform. This is a full-time position.
You need at least 3 years teaching K-12 experience or similar educational experience and you need exprience reviewing and hiring applicants.
Here is what Outschool is saying about the position:
“Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests (make it fun!) and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We’re growing fast: over 250,000 learners have enrolled in classes, and we’re doubling our team this year. We’re an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
As a Teacher Onboarding Specialist, you will help Outschool bring in and train new teachers to the platform. You will work with our Teacher Success Lead and other members of the onboarding team to evaluate the quality of teacher applicants, create and implement training resources for teachers, and help set our teaching community up for success.
What you’ll do
- Review teacher applications
- Work with the onboarding team to provide quality onboarding experiences for new teachers
- Build and moderate onboarding programs through social media
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure onboarding runs smoothly
- Other projects to improve the teacher onboarding experience
Why you’ll succeed
- You have at least 3 years experience in K-12 teaching, or similar educational experience working with young learners
- You have experience in reviewing and hiring applicants
- You have experience with online education
- You are friendly and excited to help us welcome new teachers
- You’re a fast learner, especially with technology
- You have great written communication skills
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation in the company’s success
- An amazing team of talented and motivated colleagues
- Great benefits and generous medical coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- The opportunity to help kids love learning
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.”
You can apply for this position directly on their website here.