How To Make Money For Kids
Do you want to know how to make money as a kid fast? Are you a kid wondering how you can make money? Are you a parent looking for easy ways for a kid to make money? Well, you’re in the right place.
Many times, people think that only adults can make money. That is no longer true. Now, it is totally possible to earn money as a kid!
Today, I want to show you a ton of ways a kid can earn money from home and online. We’ll also discover a few ways a kid could become rich.
If you want 200 more ways to make money + weekly job leads and ideas sent straight to you, you can get immediate access below! Just let me know the best email to reach you.
Before we get started, there are a few things that are important to note.
Tips For Kids Making Money
1. Some of these ideas require an initial investment. If you do not have all the necessary supplies to start a particular money-making idea, you may need to purchase some items to get started. I know that is not always an option for some people. So, if you find an idea that you can’t quite afford yet, just keep that idea in your back pocket and start something else until you get the money to move on to bigger, better things!
2. Some of these ideas require parental support. Not all of these ideas can be done without the help of a parent. For example, I would never suggest that a child or teen go knocking door-to-door around the neighborhood trying to sell cookies without a parent or guardian present or nearby. Additionally, I would not recommend a child attempt to sell items and handle cash on their own without an adult around. Sometimes a parent’s assistance is needed.
3. Not all of these ideas are for every age group. Some plans are for older children, like ages 12 and above. For example, I don’t think it would be wise to let a 5-year-old attempt to cut the grass alone. I mean…I’ve never met a 5-year old that could do that. Maybe you have.
4. Patience is key. Sometimes making money can take time. Don’t expect to make a million dollars after one day of work. Earning money as an adult and as a kid takes time and patience.
5. Hard work pays off. Many of these ideas require you to work hard. Nowadays, money and success are not always handed to you. So, do your best, and always work hard. You will be successful!
6. Keep trying. Just because one idea doesn’t seem to work out for you today, doesn’t mean it won’t work tomorrow or next week. You can also choose to do something different if you didn’t like what you originally chose. Never give up and keep trying. Something will work!
How a kid can make money in 6 steps:
1. Set a Goal – First things first, you need to have a vision. What goals do you want to reach? When you have a goal, it will be easier for you to know if you were successful or not. Try to reach your target then do everything you can to exceed that goal!
2. Brainstorm Ideas – Next, you should come up with as many ideas as you can think of. Once you have a bunch of ideas, choose a few that you like best. Try to choose one idea that you like best. You can save other ideas for later.
3. Research your idea – Once you have chosen an idea, do as much research as you can about your idea. You cannot be successful if you do not know anything about the idea you chose. So, learn everything you can.
For example, let’s say your idea is to sell lemonade. There are many questions you need to answer as you research. Where can you buy lemons? How much do lemons cost? What is the best lemonade recipe? What will you put the lemonade in? How will you keep the lemonade cold?
4. Plan how to get people to buy – Now that you have learned about your idea, you need to figure out how you will make people want to buy from you. The best way to sell to people is to show them how what you’re selling will benefit them.
To do this, you want to find what issue someone is having. Then, you want to tell them how you’re going to solve it.
So using the lemonade example, what value does that have for people who want to buy it? Maybe it will save them money because your prices are low. Perhaps it will hydrate and cool them down on a hot day when they’re thirsty.
You should also think about how you will tell people about your idea. You can have the best idea in the world, but it does you no good if no one knows about it.
5. Consider partnering with others – Even though you came up with this idea, sometimes you can be more successful when you have a team. Some jobs are better with more people.
If you are selling lemonade in your front yard, then maybe you can do it by yourself if there aren’t too many people stopping by. But if you are selling lemonade at a sporting event with hundreds of people coming to buy from you, then you may need more help.
6. Like Nike…Just do it! – You can research and plan all day long, but the hardest part about making money as a kid is just getting started. Sometimes things are not perfect, and that is okay! If something doesn’t work, find a way to fix it and keep moving forward. You can do this!
The Best Ways To Make Money For Kids
Finally… you may be wondering, “How can a 12-year-old make money?” You might even want to know how to make money as a kid when you’re 11.
You should know that there are a ton of ways to make money—even more than what I am about to show you. Use this list to find a ton of ways you can start making money today!
How To Make Money As A Kid At Home
- Babysitting – Parents need help with their kids. You can help watch kids on a schedule while parents are at work, or be available for parents to call on-demand.
- Fundraising – If there is something you really want to buy or someone you want to help, have a fundraiser! People will give you donations to help you reach your goals.
- Lemonade Stand 2.0 – A basic lemonade stand that you set up in your yard can take longer to make money. Instead, set up the lemonade stand at a location where there will be a lot of thirsty people (marathons, local parks, outdoor parties, and more).
- Soda stand – Much like the lemonade stand, set up where there will be a lot of people that need a drink. Think of the days where it is really hot outside!
- Hot chocolate stand – Similar to how people want lemonade when it’s hot outside, people want hot chocolate when the weather is cold.
- Sell candy or Baked Goods – Do you like candy? Can you bake a cake, muffin, donut, or something else? Make a giant batch of baked goods, or gather a bunch of candy and sell to people.
- Sell free fruit – Many farmers, gardeners, and food growers need help picking up fallen fruit off of the ground. Offer to help clear the fallen fruit off of the ground, then sell it and keep all the money you make!
- Sell pecans – My mom has several giant pecan trees in her yard. I will get a grocery bag or bucket, fill them with pecans that have fallen to the ground, then sell them to people in need of pecans! It will be easier to sell them by the pound.
- Cook for parties and events
- Paint address numbers on curbs – Many people need their address painted on the curb, but the paint has cracked and faded. Offer to repaint the numbers on the curb for them. Use stencils to make it perfect and neat!
- Freelance of Fiverr – Fiverr is a freelancer’s heaven so you can find a ton of money-making gigs. You can see what others charge for doing what you want to do. You can also find more people that need help than just the ones in your neighborhood.
- Sell animals – Do you have a pet that had babies? Many people will buy your kittens and puppies.
- Walk dogs – Some people are unable to walk their pets, so they will pay you to do it for them.
- Pet sitting – When people go out of town, sometimes they can’t take their pets with them. You get paid to keep and care for their pets while they are gone.
- Clear yards by scooping up all the dog poop – not anyone’s favorite part of the day, which is why people will be more likely to pay you for doing it.
- Help farmers – clean animal feeders and animal stalls.
- Care for farm animals – feed, water, and brush farm animals.
- Babysit multiple kids at once (like on the weekend) – you can make money babysitting one kid. But, why not babysit multiple kids and get a ton more money? A great time to offer help is on the weekend. Parents can go enjoy themselves while you watch their kids for a few hours.
- Car detailing service – Just like helping mom and dad clean the car, you can help other people clean their cars too. Do a good job and make great money!
- Wash cars – Instead of doing this alone, get your friends to join and have a neighborhood car wash.
- Cut grass – Help out your neighbors, friends, family, elderly, and anyone else who needs their grass cut.
- Pull weeds from flower beds – gardening is sometimes hard for people to keep up with. The weeds start to grow with the flowers and make the flower bed not as pretty. Offer to pull the weeds to make money.
- Water plants and flowers – help out by watering the flowers and plants.
- Rake leaves
- Shovel snow – during winter, people need help shoveling snow from driveways and sidewalks.
- Trim trees and bushes
- Cleaning service – Sometimes parents need help cleaning their home, especially if they have kids in the house. Offer to help clean up.
- Start a jewelry business – Craft jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, and earrings and make big money for it. These kids make jewelry and have been on the Shark Tank TV show, and have their jewelry products in over 300 stores nationwide.
- Recycle and collect scrap metal – Using iScrap App, you can find the scrap metal yards in your area. You’ll also find how much the current rates you can be paid for the scrap metal you collect.
- Make and sell crafts – Make crafts and sell them to your friends and family, or turn it into a business! A few of the crafts that people like to buy are:
- Leather bracelets
- Duct tape wallets
- Crochet hats and scarves
- Handmade jewelry
- Resell old stuff – Do you have any games, toys, clothes, furniture, or anything else that you no longer use? Someone else might want to buy it.
- Old video games can be sold at stores like GameStop
- Clothes you no longer wear can be sold on Poshmark
- Old toys can be sold on Mercari
- Do more chores – Do you earn an allowance for doing chores around your home? Your parents may pay more if you do some extra chores that may not even be on your chore list! Dust tables and furniture, sweep and mop the floors, clean the windows, and do anything else you can to help your parents.
- Set up a booth at the flea market – selling toys, food, beverages, house supplies, hand-made items, and anything else you don’t want anymore.
- Sell ladybugs and crickets – people with bug-eating pets (like lizards) will pay you for the cricket and bugs you collect.
- Wash windows
- Paint fences
- Garage sale
- Run a vending machine – start your own vending machine business and put your vending machines where they will be a lot of people looking for a snack.
- Deliver newspapers – this was one of my first jobs as a kid. Join the local paper route in your community.
- Grow and sell food – grow some vegetables and fruits then sell them to your friends and family or at a farmer’s market.
- Grow and sell flowers – Grow some flowers then sell bouquets to people.
- Clean campers – before and after people go camping.
- Do camper laundry – many people that go camping need their laundry done.
- Chop and sell firewood to campers.
- Rent your video games – let other kids rent your video games from you for a day or two.
- Play an outdoor movie to sell popcorn and candy – using a projector and a white bed sheet (or the side of the house), play movies that people love. Offer them popcorn, candy, hotdogs, and drinks to make some money while they watch.
- Feed and water farm animals.
- Help with laundry at home.
- Clean up after events – after parties and events, people could use some help cleaning up.
- Tutor in school subjects – If you are good at reading, English, Math, Social Studies, writing, science, or any other subject, get paid to tutor other students.
- Teach art – show others how to draw, paint, and other crafts.
- Teach a foreign language – teach others to speak a language you are fluent in.
- Give swim lessons
- Knit or crochet – make hats, gloves, scarves, socks, or blankets to sell.
How To Make Money As A Kid Online
- Swagbucks – Watch videos online and play games online and get paid for it! You can get start with your first video now and make $10 free just for signing up. Sign up for Swagbucks here.
- Start a website – Although starting a website may take some help and a little bit of time to make it look nice, it could be a lot of fun. You can let more people know the skills you have to offer. And, you can offer products to people that you like to use at home too.
Pick a great website name with NameCheap for only $8 and build your website with Bluehost for less than $3 per month.
- Make money on YouTube – You can make a YouTube channel and review toys to make money. This highest paid kid on YouTube makes $22 million every year reviewing his favorite toys.
- Online surveys (Earn Hundreds Every Month) – You can earn hundreds of dollars every month answering simple questions. Some of the highest paying survey sites include:
To earn a lot of money each month, I recommend using multiple survey sites and answering only the highest paying surveys.
5. Social media influencer (affiliate marketing) – If you haven’t already, you can make a social media account, like Instagram, and once you have a lot of followers, companies will pay you to take pictures using their products.
6. Make a course and teach a skill – Is there something you are really good at? Maybe, there is a subject you know a lot about? Can you make slime? Are you good at a video game? On Udemy, you can teach other people how they can be good like you using.
7. Freelance of Fiverr – Many people need help with their online tasks like answering phones, making websites, managing social media accounts, designing logos, editing photographs, and more.
8. Start an online business – do you have a product you can sell? Make an online business so you can sell it to more people.
9. Listen to music on SliceThePie – you can get paid to review music on SliceThePie. Listen to short songs and share your opinion about how good or bad the song was.
10. Flip products on eBay – resell products on eBay and make a profit. The easy way to do this is by purchasing products for a discount, like from a garage sale or discount store, then reselling them on eBay for a higher price.
11. Resell items online – You can also resell shoes online. Everyone loves a good pair of sneakers! This person started by selling $1 t-shirts, and now sells shoes for $1,000 per pair!
12. Sell photos – Do you like to use a camera or your phone to take pictures? You can sell those pictures to other people using websites like iStock or sell to a place like The Sun Magazine.
13. Sell old electronics – If you have some old video games, DVDs, or electronics around the house, sell them on Decluttr.
How can I become rich as a kid?
You may be wondering how can a kid become rich, or how can a kid make 1000 dollars fast? Here are a few ideas you can consider:
- Rent your stuff – Some people wish they had the toys, clothes, electronics, and other things that you have. Make money by letting them rent your stuff for some time.
- Buy tools you can use to make money – for any job, certain tools help you do your job better. Get some tools that can help you be more efficient when you work so you can make more money for your time. For example, using a drill instead of a screwdriver can save you a ton of time when you have a lot of screws to loosen or tighten.
- Start an online business – When you start an online business, there is an endless number of potential customers you can reach. Use your creativity to create a product, or sell products that others have made. For example, create a toy website for all kids to enjoy and make money for each sale you make.
- Invest in stocks – investing in stocks is risky, just like any business venture. You can invest in a stock today and make hundreds of thousands in the future. Start small, like with Acorn, and work your way up to the big leagues.
- Start a real business – You do not have to wait until you are an adult to start your own business. In fact, almost any way that you make money can turn into a business. These kids on Shark tank are making over $100,000 with the businesses they started!
- Build a shed – Using Neighbor.com, you can store stuff for people that need a storage unit. Build a shed and make money letting others use the space.
- Create a product – Create a tech product, environmental innovation projects, and art projects and get crowdfunding on Indiegogo. Create a project about anything you want to share with others (like a book, film, hardware, etc.) and get your project funded on Kickstarter.
Final Thoughts On How To Make Money As A Kid
As you can see, there are a ton of ways to make money as a kid at home. Whether you are 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, or older, you can do anything you put your mind to!
If you see something on this list that you need help with, don’t be afraid to ask someone to help you!
What money-making ideas did we miss? Let us know in the comments down below.
Save this for later: